The objective of the KOI conference is to bring together researchers and practitioners from operational research and related scientific disciplines (such as applied mathematics, quantitative methods in business, simulations and machine learning) for introducing new OR achievements in business process improvement. Main intention of the conference is to exchange ideas and experiences through direct contacts with researches of common interest, particularly including young researchers in improving their scientific work. Our mission is to promote Operations Research as an academic discipline and a profession.
14 conferences KOI were successfully held so far in different cities of Croatia settled at the beautiful Adriatic seaside or in the continental part of Croatia, such as: Rovinj, Trogir, Pula, Split, and Zagreb. The upcoming 15th International Conference KOI 2014 is to be organized in Osijek, a small but charming university city in the northern part of Croatia.
We are pleased to invite all academicians, practitioners and particularly young researchers, as well as students, interested in all branches of operational research, mathematical modelling and economic analysis to participate in the conference and to present their papers in the following conference topics:
- Linear and Non-linear Programming
- Integer Programming
- Combinatorial and Discrete Optimization
- Multi-objective Programming
- Stohastic Models and Optimization Scheduling
- Macroeconomics, Economic Theory, Games Statistics and Econometrics
- Marketing and Data Analysis
- Information and Decision Support Systems
- Banking, Finance, Insurance
- Environment, Energy, Health
- Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems
- Control Theory Simulations
- Practical OR and Applications
Till 2010, the papers presented at the KOI conference reviewed and accepted by two independent reviewers were published in conference proceedings. From 2010. and further, the accepted papers are published in the Croatian Operational Research Review (CRORR) journal which is indexed in relevant databases. Book of abstracts from the conference is also published and distributed at the conference.
See video about KOI 2014 made by Mario Miloloža.