The 17th International Conference on Operational Research was held in Zadar
The 17th International Conference on Operational Research KOI 2018 was held in Zadar, September 26-28, 2018. The International Conference on Operational Research (KOI) is the major event organized by the Croatian Operational Research Society (CRORS). The total of 116 registered authors and co-authors participate the conference from 17 different countries. Five plenary sessions were held by eminent international experts and scientists:
- Andrija Mihoci, Department of Economic Statistics and Econometrics, Brandenburg University of Technology, Germany
- Mirjana Kljajic Borštnar, Faculty of Organizational Sciences, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Ali Emrouznejad, Aston Business School, Aston University, UK
- Kenneth Sörensen, Department of Engineering Management, Univeristy of Antwerpen, Belgium
- Vincent Charles, Buckingham Business School, UK
A Special Session on DEA was devoted to the 40th anniversary of Data Envelopment Analysis. Professor emeritus Luka Neralić was chair of that special session, which included 4 talks.
In addition to plenary lectures and contributed presentations, the Workshop on Data Science and Machine Learning was organized during the conference KOI 2018 with the guest lecturer Vincent Charles, Buckingham, Business School, University of Buckingham, UK.